We here at Flying Pig Thrift are responding to COVID-19 by getting our store ready every night that we are open. We want our volunteers, customers, and anyone who walks into our shop to be safe and feel safe. The community is important to us and we want the community to know we are here for them.
We will be shortening our hours (11am - 6pm) so that we have time to clean the store everyday that we are open.
Flying Pig Thrift are doing the following:
- Masks are required for all customers, if you do not have one you are able to buy a mask for $5.
- Gloves are available, for free, for any customer who wants to use them.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided when you enter the store and throughout the store
- Plexiglass is installed at every cash register between the cashier and the customer.
- The screen is wiped down between each transaction.
- If the customer does not want to sign the screen, the cashier can put a check mark on the signature line, then show the customer before completing the transaction.
- The counters will be wiped after every transaction.
- A designated rack will be by the fitting room after trying on clothes
- We will have bags easily available for our customers to bag their own purchases.
- Volunteers are required to wear masks when the store is open, and they are within 6 feet of other volunteers or customers.
- We will have hand sanitizer readily available.
- We have installed plexiglass to separate cashiers from the customers and from the other cashier.
- Cash registers screens will be wiped after each signature with a safe cloth for the screen.
- Cashiers wipe the cash register down after they are done using it.
- Cashiers will use hand sanitizer after they are done touching money.
- Gloves will be provided if any volunteer would want to wear them.
- The volunteer workspace is in the back and a separator is used to keep customers out of the room.
- Donations will be isolated for three days
- The capacity of the shop is 10 people including volunteers.
- The store will have posters regarding social distancing reminders.
- Six marks will be on floor by the cash registers, so that customers that are waiting will be appropriately spaced.
- Fitting room is locked between each usage. After being used it will be wiped down.
As we follow these procedures, we will ensure that everyone who walks in Flying Pig Thrift will be safe to best of our capability. The community is important to us and we hope we are important to the community. We are all in this together and will lead by example.
Flying Pig Thrift
Melody Luepke, Founder